Tuesday, July 15, 2008



This week Boston Bibliophile posts the following question:

Today's topic: Book-swapping. Do you do it? What site(s) do you use? How did you find out about them? What do you think of them? Do you use LT's book-swapping column feature for information on what to swap? Do you participate in any of the LT communities that discuss bookswapping, like the Bookmooch group for example?

The only book-swapping site that I use is Bookmooch. It is where I started and I have been satisfied so I have not looked anywhere else. I found out about them on LT when I was playing around one day and I thought it was such a great opportunity to find some odd out of print books I wanted and move along some that were taking up too much space. I have gotten a lot of great things from there and hopefully everyone I have sent books is happy as well. Who knew someone would love my books on the chinese language. I have had one bad experience with a person who changes there mind on wether or not they want to part with the books they offered but other than that everyone has been great. I am not participating in any discussions about swapping books. I really enjoy one more way to move books around to people who really want them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Billie, I haven't tried it yet, but am glad to see you've only had the one bad experience. Like your site by the way!

Anonymous said...

I've had a couple experiences with people who post lists of the most popular books, which get mooched, then they took the points and mooched a bunch of what they wanted, never intending to ship out their list (probably didn't even have them).

Other than that, the only bad experiences are people who just never respond to mooch requests.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I do like the name Bookmooch. It's nice that you are so generous!

Kathleen Gilligan said...

It's great you've had such a good experience with bookmooch :) I'll have to check it out.