Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tuesday Thingers for July 22



Yesterday Boston Bibliophile posted the following question. Yes, I know, I know, I am a day late.

Today's topic: Recommendations. Do you use LT's recommendations feature? Have you found any good books by using it? Do you use the anti-recommendations, or the "special sauce" recommendations? How do you find out about books you want to read?

Actually for me this is pretty easy. I have never used any of the recommendation aids on Library Thing. Since I purchase mostly non-fiction I usually do a search on Amazon to find books on the subject that I am interested in. Then I look around on all of my sources as to where I want to get my chosen book from. I also use personal recommendations a lot. Since I have been getting a lot of ARC's lately I have not been looking around much for additional reading.

No comments: