Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday Thingers July 29



This weeks question from Boston Bibliophile...

Today's question: Cataloging sources. What cataloging sources do you use most? Any particular reason? Any idiosyncratic choices, or foreign sources, or sources you like better than others? Are you able to find most things through LT's almost 700 sources?

For the most part I do my searches to catalog books with Amazon. Every so often I need to use Library of Congress numbers to catalog a book but only if it is much older. For my oldest books I have had to hand enter them I have quite a few older books in storage as well that when I get around to entering them I suspect I will have to hand enter them as well unless I can find a good antique site to help me.

2 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Hi just dropping by to read everyone's answer.

http://web.me.com/bluestocking_bb

Kathleen Gilligan said...

Amazon seems to be the most popular way :)